As a specialist family law firm, we understand that making the most of time with your children is a top priority for any parent, especially during school holidays. We also know that coming up with new ideas that are both affordable and enjoyable can be challenging. To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of 13 fun activities that you can do with your kids during the school holidays, from Brisbane to the Gold Coast. Our list includes a mix of free and paid activities, so you can find something that fits your budget and interests.
- Swim at Tallebudgera Creek: This tranquil spot offers calm waters perfect for swimming and splashing around. Lifeguards monitor the beach on one side for added safety.
- Explore Daisy Hill Conservation Park: Immerse yourselves in nature at Daisy Hill Conservation Park, where you can spot koalas in their natural habitat. The park also features a barbecue area and an open field for biking, Frisbee, or ball games.
- Cast a Line at Albert River: Embark on a fishing adventure at Albert River in Logan, a popular spot for families. With fishing pontoons and a boat ramp, you’re sure to catch a memorable fish or two.
- Shoot Hoops at Shailer Park: Engage in an exciting game of basketball at the free basketball courts near Shailer Park. The park also boasts a skate park, tennis court, kids’ playground, and an open field, making it an ideal spot for a day of fun and activity.
- Wynnum Whale Park: As summer approaches, Wynnum Whale Park becomes an amazing free day out for kids. Pack your picnic gear, sun protection, and swimwear, and prepare to enjoy a day playing on a huge playground, eating fish and chips, swimming and playing in the water.
- Ride the Waves at Logan City BMX Track: Unleash your inner BMX rider at the Logan City BMX track, a challenging yet exhilarating course suitable for experienced BMX enthusiasts.
- Discover South Bank’s Delights: Embark on an adventure at South Bank, a vibrant hub offering an array of pools, parks, and playgrounds. Let the kids splash around in the refreshing waters, explore the interactive play areas, or simply relax and enjoy the lively atmosphere.
- Experience Thrills at Theme Parks: Create unforgettable memories at world-class theme parks like Movie World, Dream World, Sea World, and Wet’n’Wild. While these parks offer endless excitement, keep in mind that ticket prices can be higher.
- Enjoy a Cinematic Escape: Catch the latest blockbuster or a family-friendly movie at your local cinema. Cineplex offers some of the most affordable regular tickets.
- Shop ‘Til You Drop at Pacific Fair: Indulge in a retail therapy session at Pacific Fair, the Gold Coast’s premier shopping destination. Browse through an extensive range of shops, from international brands to local boutiques.
- Tee Off at Victoria Park Mini Golf: Challenge your family to a friendly round of mini golf at Victoria Park, a great activity for kids and adults of all ages.
- Capture Artistic Moments at ArtVo Gold Coast: Create a unique and colorful photographic experience at ArtVo Gold Coast, an interactive art gallery filled with immersive 3D illusions.
- Splash Around at GC Aqua Park: Let the kids run wild at GC Aqua Park, located just outside Australia Fair. This inflatable water obstacle course provides hours of fun and excitement.
- Catch a ferry for a day out on Coochiemudlo Island! (don’t forget fishing rods!)
Additional Savings and Promotions:
To make your school holiday adventures even more affordable, here are some additional savings and promotions:
- Victoria Park Mini Golf: Enjoy student specials on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights.
- Gold Coast Theme Parks: NRMA members can access discounts on theme park tickets through the NRMA website. Locals can also enjoy small discounts on passes purchased directly from the theme parks.
- Dendy Cinemas: Dendy Members receive significant savings on movie tickets.
We hope this list of activities provides inspiration for your next family adventure during the school holidays. With so much to see and do, you’re sure to create lasting memories that your kids will cherish for years to come.